Sunday, January 8, 2012

Better Late than Never...

Happy 2012!

Over my (short, albeit wonderful) Christmas break, I received a few comments from dear people regarding my negligent behavior toward this blog, and I must admit, a few months went by when I literally forgot that I had this blog. Whew, I think that's called stress.

In any case, I'm still here, plugging away at this dual degree. I am learning SO much, particularly about the new and exciting world of social work. This past semester really opened my eyes to what is involved with social work....and I like what I see! The irony of that statement is the truth that my January term class here at seminary is extremely interesting, and I totally feel myself called to ministry as much as social work....I believe a fusion of the two will suit me quite well. :)

The trouble with skipping blog entries is my lack of detailed memory. Thus, I have no great stories from first semester, because it all lives as a blur in my mind. I finished with (likely) all A's, even though that was definitely NOT my focus. Also, I received my first A+ at seminary! Ha, I realize that nearly every other student in The Minister and Mental Illness also received an A+ but it still feels nice. :)

So, a story from Xmas break. First of all, my nieces are precious and beautiful- and I was able to spend 4 days playing with them. The final day, however, when I should have been bathing them in kisses and fond goodbye's, I was lying on the couch miserably weak....from food poisoning! That's right, I got food poisoning the first six hours into 2012. What a great start to the new year! Despite the horrible expelling of bodily fluids, I kept my humor about me and decided that most people choose to detox around this time of year anyway.... :) If I ever get the inclination to detox in the future, however, I'm pretty sure I will not choose food poisoning again. The sad part of this story is the fact that I couldn't spend time with my nieces on the final day of my break! :(

I finally arrived back here in Princeton a day later than anticipated, missing my first class and a few hours of work. The week turned out to be pretty positive, however, as I am healthy and well and not even very stressed! This January is suppose to be my crazy month, but here I am on a Sunday evening- blogging after a fulfilling day of reuniting with church family and catching up around the house- and thoroughly enjoying the company of my husband.

So here's to a involuntary detoxed beginning of 2012. I will say that my unofficial resolution for the year involves spending more time in scripture. Despite the fact that I am in seminary, a majority of my time is spent with social work focus this year, and I realized that not having the daily built-in bible discovery of seminary classes is a spiritual drain. Thus, AJ and I are reading through the Psalms and Proverbs currently....and I love it! :)

Okay, this is all for now. Eventually I may decide to post pictures, but it's also possible that I won't. :) If you are reading this and sent us a Christmas card, I send my sincere thanks; I regret to inform you that AJ and I did not create a Xmas card this year- mostly because I was as negligent about that as I was about this blog. However, you may expect to hear from us come May with an address change!

Writing this with peace in my heart,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment