Monday, August 23, 2010

Princeton or Bust

Hello from the Prairie for a final time.

Granted I have not written much this summer, but perhaps that is an unconsciously deliberate way to live into the the quiet of this summer. I cannot say all parts of this summer have been quiet, but living out here has a way of making calm a common enjoyment.

In July we enjoyed helping host the wedding for AJ's brother and new wife Hillary at the lodge. Since Nate is AJ's only sibling, it was a pretty big summer for the Munger family (and for me, who had the chance to meet plenty of Mungers at both weddings).

Now in August we have been making some short trips, celebrating my birthday with lovely friends, hanging out with family, and occasionally mowing lawn, tending our garden, canning tomatoes, and attempting to organize our lives. Such organization includes changing my name and account information throughout the various business-y parts of life (and as a student, it entails a few more to-do items as well). Although I cannot say I enjoy the name change process, I am actually quite satisfied with my new name. Emily Munger. I especially like that the 'm' from my first name coordinates with the "M" in Munger. Or am I just being positive?

We are off to Princeton in a week's time (leaving Sunday morning, arriving Tuesday afternoon to move into our apartment). While this week is somewhat stressful- packing up our lives once again (now with the additional wedding gifts!), it is also thoroughly exciting, because I know the fabulous people that await my return to Princeton. And my class schedule will be cool this year. I have 2 classes that meet for 3 hour periods one day a week, and 1 class that meets 3 days a week. As a commuter this year, I think I will appreciate the condensed schedule. I will also intern at the hospital on Wednesdays, and continue work for the Institute for Youth Ministry. I might also pick up an occasional babysitting job. Who knows?

So, I bid you, my reader friends, a farewell for now- and a goodbye from this place of solitude...otherwise known as Ree Heights, SD. :)

Much love,
Emily




1 comment:

  1. Sure did love having you in South Dakota this summer, E.M.! Have a safe trip back to the coast. We loved our adventures to Ree Heights to visit you, but alas, see why you can't stay forever! Will miss you!

    ReplyDelete