Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wedding Hypnosis...

After being married for nearly a month now, and with my husband gone to a conference, it only makes sense that I snap out of my wedding hypnosis and begin my real life again....this time as a married woman.

I cherish so much about the past month, including the time spent preparing for the wedding. Overall I felt like an angel, floating from one compliment to another well wish... and to snap out of it is not as easy as one might think. The winds of a SD prairie, however, might just do the trick. :)

I am currently living with AJ in a quaint, three bed-room house on the prairie. My father likened it to The Little House on the Prairie (Laura Ingalls Wilder style) and despite the fact that I have a few more modern appliances, plumbing, etc...he's nearly right. Since AJ has been away to a conference, I have not spoken to another person face to face in days (unless you count the guy driving past as I was walking. He asked if I needed help.) Ha, I guess most people don't enjoy a dusty walk in the middle of nowhere. But even among the natural elements, I sense a calm about me. I am able to drink in this solitude now, knowing fully well the noise that awaits me in Princeton.

Speaking of Princeton, I am eager to return and see all the lovely faces that I had yet to meet one year ago. Although with a 2nd year comes added responsibilities, it also involves a social scene where you actually KNOW people! I cannot wait to see them again!

I have been reading Kathleen Norris the past few days, and she really has a gift for putting religious words into everyday language. I am relishing reading a book which doesn't exactly require taking notes! Two more precious months of such learning for the sake of the soul. :)

Well, I send my smiles once again. This is perhaps one of the last times I correspond as Emily FISCHER. I received my marriage record in the mail today, which means I can now submit a name change to the Social Security office- and then I will officially be Emily MUNGER. I'm actually getting used to the idea, even if I wasn't the bride most eager to make the change. :)

I'm not sure how little/much my blog is being read, but I assume for the sake of continuity that I have an eager audience for each post. Thus, I say farewell my eager audience, and I hope the Lord shines heavenly blessings upon you FOR BETTER OR WORSE. :)

Much love,
Em



3 comments:

  1. I'm here :) I'm so glad you're enjoying this summer on the prairie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily Emily! I enjoyed reading your update. I'm so happy for you and AJ and I'm anxiously anticipating your return in the fall! There's an empty apartment above and beside us and the idea that you and AJ might could possibly reside there is very exciting! We miss you around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily! Why didn't you say you were reading kathleen norris? What a perfect choice for your situation right now. Which one of her books are you reading? I've read Dakota, Cloister Walk and Amazing Grace. I love reading her stuff.

    ReplyDelete