Friday, November 13, 2009

It's Friday!

It's Friday- and with that comes so much ambivalence.

1. I'm glad to be done with another week of class, but unhappy about how much work I still have left for the weekend. 2. It is nice to think of fun things to do, and not nice how little time I have to do them. 3. It's the Rat Dance and a Country line dance going on at the same time tonight...which to choose? Neither? 4. Many people here look forward to spending time with new friends, and although I have several friends here who are wonderful, I miss my long-time friends and AJ on weekends like this.

However, this ambivalence hasn't lent itself to a bad mood... I'm actually a happy person today! I will be even happier if I get through my terms sheet for theology and read all the texts for that class by the end of the weekend- plus maybe read a bit of church history??? :) I'm always behind. Story of my life as a student!

This past week has been a whirlwind! What did I even do? Well, on Sunday I went once again to the church that I am coming to love- and it was great! I met some young girls who were wonderful, and I look forward to seeing them again! (I learned about how the elementary schools are split in the neighborhood, and there are several stairs to get to the 1st grade classroom- tiresome!) I am really grateful for this church environment; it allows for time away from seminary for awhile. This whole learning community can be entirely consuming, and I dislike having to always talk about theology. (said like a true seminarian!)

I received two papers back- and they were both B's. I was pleased, since I didn't receive a "rewrite" which would have been 1. annoying and 2. a bit humiliating! Alas, my learning here will be reflected moreso within my practical experience of ministry, and thus I am not striving for the A's (okay, at least not getting upset when I don't get them). :) I can be a B person....I think. :) I shall be reporting on midterm exams soon enough!

Guess what? I AM BACK. meaning, I am back to yoga- and this coming Monday- volleyball! It feels so great to be lifting weights and walking on the treadmill as well! I know that I did the right thing in waiting for a month before getting going again, because even now my ankle is still weak and my corresponding joints are somewhat off kilter. Wish me well in my recovery to a running ability!

The weeks here are truly flying by, as represented in my above paragraph. I am not looking forward to winter- but seriously, only 3 weeks of class left before final exams! What? I know. Short semesters, remember? :) I am trying to coordinate several wedding details in light of this quickly coming event called Christmas! See, Christmas break will be a joyous time of celebrating AND getting ready for the wedding.... Currently, only 6+months until my wedding. :):)

As much as I'm learning through these current courses, I will be ready for new ones to begin again (except for the massive buying of books phenomenon which corresponds).... In fact, I am particularly excited about my course this January- Youth Ministry!!! That's right! My home turf once again.

On a personal note- I have had a swirl of love displayed in all the calls and other correspondence from friends recently. It's really great and encouraging to hear from so many people- and at times can become overwhelming too...this is how I've handled my feelings regarding not enough time for everything: AAAAGGGGGHHHHH! Then I take a few deeps breaths, respond to each email, make necessary phone calls (or more likely, take the call I have received- oops!) and thoroughly enjoy everyone in my life. (at this point I realize I can go entire days without studying if I try to socialize with everyone I'd like to!) Moderation. Moderation.

Well, that's about it for now. I had a speech conference in which I practiced the Psalm I will be reciting for the end of class video-day! Woohoo! (if it's broadcast on any major networks, I shall let you know!) :):)

Okay, that's all for now, Folks. Thanks for your patience as I go crazy and return to normalcy enough to write a blog post. This is a hectic environment without doing much of anything except studying! :)

Peace to all my friends!

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment