Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fall for Good...

Hello Once Again!

I chose this title because it sounded like a good play on words.

After contemplating "fall for good," however, I realize it doesn't exactly apply as a double meaning in my circumstance...just one, and that is....it's November, which means it's Fall. For good. No turning back to summer, no more room to hope for T-shirt weather (although it is definitely more likely here than in SD) :) I know that seasons are a part of life, and I have come to thoroughly enjoy them; however, something about fall gives me a sense of the impending winter weather, which is always is a bit dis-heartening for me. Perhaps because I inherited this amazing "freezing fingers/toes" condition (thanks Dad! :) which means that occasionally (even in the absence of extreme weather) one or more of my fingers and toes will lose circulation (i. e. turn white), only to regain warmth after several minutes of vigorous rubbing.

Now that I've shared a random physical tidbit, on to greater things- such as... MY MIDTERMS ARE FINISHED. And I don't feel half-bad about them. Granted, I know I didn't "ace" them, but that's fine. I've taken a different attitude about my classes here: I don't expect perfection. :) Some of you are saying- yeah right, Emily- do you know how to not get an A? Well, I will let you know, the jury's still out....(my professors haven't graded anything yet! I know, half-way through the semester and I haven't received one grade). But I'm fairly confident about not getting an A on everything. Who knew this time would come... :)

This weekend I was super-pleasantly surprised by a random visit from my adorable fiance AJ!!! See, I was fully intending on a quiet weekend of stuffing my brain full of OT and Church History- and little did I realize I would have the pleasure of seeing my man here....AND have time to study for my exams. (He did help by quizzing me a bit, which probably wasn't his favorite thing in the world). Also, a little shout out to AJ, who was accepted into his Masters Program at Kansas State for Ag Business (he will be doing the online program from here!) :)

So, after some grueling hours of studying, I finally reached a moment of liberation from thinking- this afternoon! Granted, I was working, but that doesn't take an extreme amount of intellectual output....thus it was a much-needed mind break. I now write you in the midst of finalizing my paper on Amos 5 (first paper for OT)...and reading for my Ch. History precept tomorrow. Does the work ever end??? :)

Update on my ankle: it is feeling SO MUCH better this past week. For the first two weeks, it really hurt, and it was awkward moving to every building, etc... but I am nearly limp-free today and really pleased to consider hitting the gym soon?? :) (I know, I will take it easy for awhile; just gotta get these muscles going again!)

And the past few days have been full of wedding details! It's so much fun, and at the same time I am extremely thankful that I did everything necessary before leaving, because my life is much less stressful that way. A random tidbit concerning relationships- I really enjoy my friends here, and especially as we have gotten closer, sharing concerns, relationship issues, etc. I am blessed with a solid bunch of homies! (such the gangsta, I know).

Alright, it's off to reading St. Benedict's Rule for Church History. Evidently he had a fairly important role to play in monastic rule in the early middle ages...hmm... gotta go investigate...

I love you all and am bound to converse with you sooner or later, right? :)

Peace, Em

No comments:

Post a Comment