Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Early Halloween!

Surprise! We celebrated Halloween a week early at PTS, complete with a costume party and all! My two friends Noah and Victoria...

Can you tell who we are? (besides my friend/pseudo roomie Katie and me)

My dorm building looks really stately...I promise, we really do just live here!


This is the side view of our Chapel...beautiful on a gorgeous fall day!



Our classroom building (stuart hall)...looking mighty fine with all the pretty leaves!


Katie, Karen and I one Sunday, all dressed for church!


Oh, and my favorite- a container of apples- in a school bus!!!! Now, how can I be positive they didn't even know I drove a school bus before making this so perfectly accessible to me!!! :):)



Hello Fantastic Followers!

Today I learned about Twitter....and today I decided Twitter might be a bit too overwhelming of a phenomenon for me, at least for right now. :)

So I will stick to the blogs. :) Ah, once again (a week later) I sit typing this with my leg propped up. You guessed it! My ankle is still sprained! :) I have to say, the reality of being injured didn't hit me full force until this weekend as I began getting antzy and wanted to move! (I headed to the gym and lifted weights- mostly upper body.)...and it wasn't the smartest idea I've ever had, but sometimes that antzy bug gets the best of me!

Today I can officially say that I've enjoyed some improvement in my pain level...and I bought a brace, so I'm much more optimistic. Now if I could only jump again! :):) (My VB friends keep asking how soon I will be back out on the court- and much to my concerned friends' approval, I say- in time, in time). But please, if you're at all capable of exercising, do so for me! :)

Wow, this week has felt like an eternity- mostly because of being limited to wherever my little crutch and bum ankle could take me...not to mention fairly immense study intentions. (I use intentions to suggest that my actual performance never quite meets expectations within a given amount of time)... With that said, I should perhaps be studying for my Old Testament midterm, but when I could write to you fine people instead? OT can wait. :)

Yes, that's right- I am preparing this reading week for my two midterms next week, in addition to a paper I have due- and leading a precept for theology. It is quite a packed coming week, which correlates well with a week off work! Today I found out that I don't have to work next week...what wonderful timing! Oh yes, and I've gotten one response about taking the midterm OT exam for me- and I'm still waiting for the best offer.... 605.203.... Just Kidding.

I have been blessed in so many ways since coming here, and last night I found myself reading past journal entries, marveling at the years of preparation (I now understand) I experienced before arriving here, ready for whatever good work the Lord has in store. Also, my social networks here are really encouraging. Like I said, I have great friends- some of whom you have met in the above photos!

Before I end my typing for this week, I would like to say- that more than anything else which has resonated true in my life the past few days- I have realized how constantly present and available God is! And what a privilege it has been, tuning into the power of God in moments of silence and calm....ahhhhh......deep breaths...... :):) (trust me, seminary isn't making me weird, I've always been like this). Randomly related- we had a Taize prayer service today. SO GOOD!
Alright my beautiful friends, I hope all is swell for you and yours! Until the next random posting from a slightly-eccentric girl in Princeton,
Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment