Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving!

It's Thanksgiving break- and I have to say, I'm taking a huge breather as I allow this beautiful break to soak into me!!!

The past week has been pretty stressful, although I seem to be getting into a rhythm for writing papers, which is fantastic! My final Church History paper is finished, and with the help of my friend Brian, I think it went really well! I wrote on Urban II and the beginning of the crusades in Christian history. Quite fascinating, and as embarrassing as it is to admit this, nearly everything I learned was new information to me! Also, I received my two midterm exams back- and I received an A- on both of them!!! Who knew I had it in me! :) I am relieved, since this means my finals won't be quite so intimidating! (ideally speaking) :)

I would like to explain my last week's highlight of class time. Are you ready? Well, truthfully my highlight was watching this little girl who came to class with her daddy (who is a fellow student). Perhaps one of the most beautiful little girls, she would clap and laugh right along with us!!! Definitely a bit more engaging than the Lamentations lecture going on in the background (did I just say background? Oops!). :) Ha, what can I say- I miss my niece!!!

Last Sunday evening a group of us from the seminary spent the night meeting with (Reformed Church of Highland Park) church deacons and discussing the church's various ministries over dinner with our pastor.... I truly enjoy this church community, and I believe I have worked out a way to remain worshipping there and do a field education placement summer 2011. HA! talk about planning ahead! :) Which means next school year I will be doing a non-church site, perhaps working with underprivileged youth with psychological issues....doesn't that sound fascinating?? :) I sure think so.

Anyway, this coming week will be splendid, as I plan to see my fiance and his mother on Monday and spend the rest of the week traveling to and from PA where his mother's family lives....Not the first time I've spent Thanksgiving away from my family- but definitely still a year I will miss being at home! I feel as if I'm writing in all fragments. Do forgive me. :)

Today I was able to meet up with Veronica from Red Cloud and we had a great long talk and walk- and I experienced the dining pleasure of Princeton U. food! Let me tell you, I should not have been able to compare their selection with ours. I will forever be jealous! Oh well, who am I to complain? I've got it made here, in my little dorm room, letting others cook for me.... Well, if I think about it, perhaps my life next year with AJ could be similar, minus the dorm room! (i.e. AJ loves to cook, hurray me!)

Alright, I'm off to do some laundry (and yes, I wanted to include that for the sake of reality)...whenever AJ reads these posts he suggests that perhaps I put in useless personal information that nobody cares about. I beg to differ, because sometimes the mundane can be the most endearing quality in connection with others. (is this true, or am I justifying?) :)

Until the next post of mundane useless personal information, I'm yours!

Emily

1 comment:

  1. I love your useless information :} Hope laundry was a super fun! I miss you terribly. Have a happy thanksgiving! I wonder if AJ will make you pheasant? :]

    ReplyDelete