Saturday, February 20, 2010

March in Sight...

I am writing on a 42 degrees Princeton afternoon, and it's gorgeous. I will choose to ignore slight rumors about more snow in the future- hey, I ran outside today, weather people!

Ah, the past week has been wonderful and fulfilling. My work is much more invigorating at the institute for youth ministry... they are trusting me with more meaningful tasks, which I appreciate. Well, and I did just organize the work room/ paper supply on my own accord, but trust me- that's meaningful to a super-organizer!

February is absolutely flying by. On Monday I will begin my 4th week of class, and I have to say, I'm struggling to find motivation to write my 1st exegesis paper for NT. On the bright side, I'm finally legitimately using a Greek/English concordance (something I perhaps should have learned long ago)...so I feel slightly more legitimate as a seminarian. Speaking of, my classes are pretty cool, but I'm not putting quite the effort into them that I did 1st semester. I mean, so far so good, but I'm not obsessing (except for on the NT paper. Can't quite let it go!)

AJ has settled in nicely to his space in Star's house, and the house continues to become cleaner and more livable every day! I'm proud of him for giving such an effort to help Star with her house. On another note, I'm looking forward to spring so I can bike over there instead of fighting traffic!

Random funny story (which hopefully is as funny to hear as it was to live). :) In speech class last week I presented a poem from the lectern, much like I've always done in that class. Only on Monday, something didn't feel right- so I started looking down at the lectern, scanning it for any changes, and seeing none- I say to my classmates "Does this look taller to you?" (as an important side note, we have the option of adding the box on top for extra height)...and it was precisely when I was thoroughly stumped that my professor says, "Well, you can take the box off!" After my verbal expression of realization, my classmates burst into laughter. Now I don't get embarrassed too easily, but I think the nerves associated with speaking in public heightened my embarrassment at my oblivious nature just then. (and yes, I have noticed the box every time prior when I've gone up to speak) :) Oh well, cheers to being a wonderful ice-breaker! :)

Another random note- I gave blood yesterday! it is an excruciatingly long process when there's no urgency of a blood drive, I shall explain... The Central NJ Red Cross center called last weekend and asked if I would give blood, and considering it's one of my favorite things to do, I said sure! Sign me up! Well, on Friday morning I was slightly late to my appointment because of my unexpected inability to find the place! :) Once I got there, the process took 1 1/2 hours, even though NO ONE was there ahead of me (and I overheard the nurses talking about needing back-up...what??) But now I have the tell-tale light-headed moments to remind myself of my heroic act. Oh yeah, I'm gonna give a shout of encouragement to anyone who hasn't given blood in awhile- the sign I stared at yesterday read, "Your Red Cross Needs You!" and it's actually true. :) GO FOR IT!

Okay, truthfully, this posting is a two-fold experience for me today. One- I needed to update my fabulous readers, but two- I'm procrastinating from my paper, so I'd better hop to it! I hope the best blessings for all of you- and I also hope that we might all continue to remember our blessings so as to spread the graciousness to others! (BTW- when AJ and I were saying what we are thankful for at dinner last night, something we're trying to make habit, he said, "I'm thankful for the generosity of blood donors." :) I love him.

Much peace and eternal bliss as we continue to walk toward the truth of Christ during this Lenten season.

Love, Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment