Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Snowy Gorgeous Mess

Here it is...Full documentation of my two worlds (SD and NJ) colliding in a snowy, swirly, slushy mess!

The beauty of snow-frosted shrubs

The Igloo built by Brown Hall residents


A not-so-pretty pile in front of my dorm


A (lazy) view from my window...

Hello from the wonderland of snowy NJ!

In case any of you wondered whether or not the snowstorms of the east coast hit home here in Princeton- well they did. And it is quite the sight, seeing 15-20 inches accumulate on top of the previous 8 inches from a few days ago! I believe this is more snow than NJ has seen in a long time! And getting my car stuck in the parking lot brings me a certain amount of nostalgic pleasure, being from SD and all!


Ah, so a few big-news items this week. First of all, AJ has successfully moved in here to his new semi-permanent (3 month) home with a woman named Star. They get along pretty well, and there is plenty of work needed done on her home...AJ has a lovely room and feels comfortable here (well, as comfortable as a SD guy can feel in Princeton, NJ after one week). We are enjoying being able to spend time together everyday, but it's also an adjustment for both of us! I suppose it's getting us prepared for the even-bigger adjustment that we like to call....marriage! (less than 4 months, woohoo!)


My classes have been relatively calm, especially considering the fact that we've had two days cancelled because of the snow! And trust me, this is a legitimate cancelling- because they take school pretty seriously here! ;) I am not sure what I think about my classes thus far- perhaps because my mind hasn't exactly been focused on studying, but today I feel a renewed zest for reading, so hopefully I can get into my classes a bit more and really learn something this semester!

Oh, a grade note- I received a solid A for my youth ministry course in January! And since I really tried hard/cared in that class, I feel so happy to have my passion reflected in my grade. A 3.7 first semester...not bad at all!
This Monday evening we had our first read-through for the play, and it was actually a really enjoyable time, even if my vocal chords were exercised more by laughing at other people than reciting my 11 lines. :) That's right, 11. I counted. Evidently the lawyer isn't such a major character in this play. :):) But that's cool, I enjoy my part, the cast is awesome, and the play itself will be entertaining over and over again (at least that's what I'm hoping for during rehearsals). We perform the second week of April, so it should be a great performance- and if you're in the area, you're more than welcome! :)

I am looking forward to an evening with my just-married girl friends with whom I get together for prayer and sharing. It's good to have a social balance, and I realize that I need a variety of different people-interaction to be my best self....

On a final note, I am sensing God working on my heart in discerning a future vocation, and although I am far from a clear answer, I am excited about my field education opportunity as a hospital chaplain intern next year, because I am intrigued by this valuable ministry setting. I'm sure you will be hearing about my learning next year!


Well, to finish, I must say that I've been feeling a bit out of touch with several of you dear friends- but I also know I haven't caught up on blogs in awhile, so I shall do so soon!


As one who is delving further in the New Testament this semester, I love you all with the love of Christ, our great messiah and crazy king.

Emily
PS- I just wanted to mention to a certain faithful reader that I might continue to include posts about the mushy gushy "I'm in love" kinda stuff, just because AJ is here now doesn't mean I don't still think about him! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment