Saturday, February 27, 2010

Oh dreary winter...

Must you go on?

The winter is a time for hibernation... Or at least that's what my body tells me these sun-less days. We've had another snow storm, and although the sun did come out for a few hours, it was not enough to become hopeful about spring. Overnight the melt-off froze, and the sidewalks are dangerous this morning! I would agree with my dad when he expresses his deep distaste for winter. Sure, the fact that both of us also have Reynold's Syndrome in our fingers and toes doesn't improve matters much. :)

And somehow- the past week flew by extremely quickly. I finished my paper for NT and we discusses them at lightning speed in precepts....overall I feel satisfied with what I learned, and even though I spent several hours with the Greek/English concordance, I have to say I enjoyed it! Now if I can get motivated today for another paper in my Radical Reformation class, I'll be in good shape!

In a week's time I shall be driving back to SD for our reading week- in time to work on more wedding details! I initially hadn't planned on going back, but since AJ needed to make the trip anyway for his schooling, I decided to go along- and fly back when he heads to his week of school in KS. I'm excited for the chance to work out more wedding details, but I'm not entirely thrilled about all the travel. It becomes wearisome to be going back-and-forth every few months! And yet that will be my life for the next few years, so I'd best embrace it!

Hmmm, what else is going on here- I enjoyed an evening with friends last Saturday, as four couples got together for a game night! Taboo and Apples to Apples...how much more fun could a girl ask for! :) And AJ was able to meet some other spouses of female seminary students- a real highlight for him, I'm sure! :) We will be living out at CRW next year, so it was good to introduce him to potential neighbors~ AND last night I spent with my dear single friends in the dorm. Before watching The Informant w/ Matt Damon, a few of us put together a puzzle (don't laugh, even if it was a High School Musical, glow-in-the-dark masterpiece).

Also, I've had some play practice this past week- and two more this week...it's going pretty well, and I need to memorize my lines now, but it's not that stressful of an undertaking. I do enjoy the play and my part, so I found that play practices (although potentially much longer than a class) are more enjoyable than sitting through lectures!

On a side note, I had a wonderful conversation with my friend Noah the other day. He commented on his appreciation of my positive attitude toward school, and it became a moment for me to reflect on how truly grateful I am for this time, this place, these people, the opportunity to learn from some of the greatest and most dedicated theologians, and experience a new part of the country all at once! I truly find the task of "seeking God at Princeton" is fulfilling in ways I could have only imagined prior to coming. Although I continue to miss my time at Red Cloud- especially interacting so closely with high schoolers, I know that my purposes here will suit me well in my future endeavors... and I am satisfied with my current student status- but thank goodness it's only for another 2 years! :):)

Okay, that will be all for now. I am really anticipating spring, perhaps more so than I realized I would be (although it is generally warmer here, it's still awful to have no sunshine)... and I will hopefully find time next week to write- however, I would like to say that I am reserving the right to wait until reading week (when I'm home) to write again- or even upon my return! :) we shall see!

Sending my love as I receive from God above,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment